Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Vaca Hey Day

Well, I'm back at sea level and want to say again what great hosts Laura and Nate are. Sitting on their deck, drinking wine, and reading, reading, reading was just what I needed.

Saturday was our most eventful day, and even that was totally relaxing. We went to an amazing spa where we were not only treated to massages, but we also go to take a mile walk around the lake (complete with a little off-roading thanks to Laura's keen navigation!), canoe out onto the same lake, soak in the natural hot springs, and generally take advantage of the gorgeous spa setting. Most of the spas I've been to are either in hotels or here in the city; a massage is always wonderful, but there was something really special about having that relaxation and feeling of wellness last the whole day. The below pics are both from Saturday.





My trip also included a fantastic visit to The Tattered Cover, an independent bookstore I've heard Laura talk about for years; it was great to finally be able to visit myself. Between the books I bought there and those that I borrowed from Laura, my already giant to-be-read pile grew by half! I also loved that we got together with Mike and Dorrie who are so fun, and who I don't see nearly enough.

All in all, I'm smitten with Colorado and hope to go back again soon.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colorado rulez. Please come visit again soon.