Monday, May 28, 2007

Every weekend should be a long weekend

It was so good to have an extra day to play this weekend. The weather was perfect and I had just the right mix of lazy Netflix-watching time (Alpha Dog and a disturbing documentary about pedophiliac priests called Deliver Us From Evil) and time to catch up with friends. Caryn and Larry were in town for their five-year anniversary, and I got to crash romance-a-palooza for lunch with them on Saturday before they went to a matinee of Avenue Q. It's hard to believe they've been married five years already!

Melissa was in town for the weekend, and I got to have drinks with her and her boyfriend, Jim, on Sunday. I think it's been a full year since we've seen each other which is shameful. It was so much fun to see her again that I think I need a weekend out in Chicago sometime soon. Melissa knows what motivates me, so she promised we could order from Pockets while I'm there.

And, with my extra day of leisure, I got to catch up with Josh and Todd over lunch at Popovers.

Sadly, now I have to go back to work.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like the perfect match of relaxing down time and socializing with friends.

And just so you know, I agree. Not only should every weekend be a long one, but maybe the work week should be 2 days long and the "weekend" be Monday through Friday? It could work . . . . . . . :)

Melissa said...

I'm so glad my Pockets comment has inspired you. I expect to soon hear that you've booked a flight to Chicago!