Thursday, May 24, 2007

Wondering if Gore will run again...

I just watched Al Gore on The Daily Show. I wish he had been this personable when he was running for president! His new book, The Assault on Reason looks really interesting (The New York Times review made it sound scorching), and I can only imagine how different this country would be if he had been recongnized as the winner in 2000. Like everyone else, I'm eager to find out if he'll run again this time around. I think he could actually kick some ass if he did: let Barack and Hillary beat each other up over the next nine months and then swoop in and snag the nomination.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more! Al Gore is such a sane, smart, good person with a proven track record of addressing issues and taking action, not just talking politics. He'd come to the job with experience, optimism, and viable plans for action (and an Oscar!) -- a rare combination and exactly what this country needs right now.

If he doesn't end up running, my back-up dream is an Edwards-Obama ticket. Among the official candidates, Edwards is the one who has (so far) articulated his positions and platform the most consistently and clearly.