Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Biking to DUMBO

Sunday was another beautiful day, and Todd and I had a great time out enjoying the weather. We biked through Central Park and discovered Japan Day. After leaving the park, we encountered the Salute to Israel Parade going down the east side. We took a route south through the east side, which brought us right past the U.N. It was a very international day on the bikes!

We don't usually bike down the east side, and after this experience I know I'll be sticking to the west side from now on. I found the route frustrating (on and off the green way and into and out of street traffic) and too exhaust-filled.

I was pretty impressed with our stamina, though. We biked all the way downtown and into Chinatown. From there we took the Manhattan Bridge across the water and into Dumbo. Todd and I both agree that Dumbo is one of the nicest parts of the city; we'd love to live there some day if we come into about a zillion dollars. If any of you want to finance us, please let me know.

3 comments:

ellebee said...

DUMBO is expensive now? Yikes, I've been away too long! Sounds like a gorgeous day and good for you guys taking the long ride. :)

Rena said...

I'll chip in $5 to the fund :)

Tina said...

I've never heard of DUMBO! How strange!

And it sounds like the ride was very international and very NYC. Loving that!