Sunday, June 7, 2009

Dear Crafty New Yorkers,

Head out to McCarren Park today to check out Renegade. It's a craft show that is so huge it takes up the entire park. There are over 300 artists, jewelers, sassy t-shirt enthusiasts, bath-and-body peeps to make you smell like anything you want, and more. We spent the afternoon there yesterday, and if I'd been equipped with more money I'd have come home with a whole lot more than I did.

Jen is vending there, showing off her beautiful creations. That was the impetus for going out there, and it was exciting to see her tent so packed with people every time I walked by. As Rena knows, I love having artisan friends; I always want to support their efforts, so I'm able to easily rationalize indulging myself with a few treats. Yesterday I walked away with a beautiful new ring and a fabulous pair of earrings from dillonDesigns. Thanks, Jen!

I also got the cutest purse in the history of purses. I'm not saying more about it because at least some of you will eventually see these under the Christmas tree or wrapped up as a birthday gift. Seriously: the cutest.

The show wraps up today at 7:00, so all of you artsty-fartsy, crafty New Yorkers should get out there lickety-split.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great way to spend the weekend! I'm so jealous! :)

Tina said...

I'm with Leslie - JEALOUS! :) Sounds like a fab way to spend a weekend!