Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Art in Brooklyn

Todd, Sofia, and I went to Dumbo on Saturday to check out the Dumbo Arts Festival. Todd loves art. He's introduced me to a lot of galleries in Chelsea and festivals throughout the city that I never really explored on my own, and this was my first time going to the Art Under the Bridge festival (as it's officially called). Sadly, we didn't end up seeing as much actual art as we would have liked.

There were a lot of interactive and kid-friendly things to see right at the start of the festival, and we spent a good chunk of time at each. Sofia spelled her name with pillows shaped like letters, then she helped spell mine and Todd's, too.




We checked out a balloon-powered paper kite, and played in the playground. And, of course, there was much fun to be had throwing rocks into the water. By the time Todd's friend caught up with us, we were all ready for hot chocolate at Jacques Torres. Nearby was an incredibly patient and creative woman doing little girls' hair with every imaginable sparkly accessory. By the time she was done, each looked like a princess.


After that, we went and looked at some more actual art. It was a fun day, but more diverse and less specifically art-centric than I expected.

4 comments:

Rena said...

Those pictures are priceless! Sofia is adorable :)

Veronica said...

I love the pictures! Also, I love you in the dress-tights-sneakers combo!

Tori said...

Thanks!

Tina said...

I was thinking exactly those things! The Sofia Sparkly Princess Hairpiece is fab, and the skirt/tights combo rocks.

Sounds like a great day (albeit less arty than imagined) in Dumbo. :)