Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Great Birthday

Thank you to everyone who made my birthday so great!

After sleeping in and enjoying the fact that Todd was home again, I spent the first part of my day with Anne. We had a decadent brunch at Max Brenner: Chocolate By the Bald Man. Tell me, who could have a birthday brunch at a place with chocolate right in the name and not indulge? I fully went for it and ordered the chocolate chip pancakes with carmelized bananas. So, so bad, but so so good. We walked off one 1/100th of one bite after lunch by visiting Anthropologie. I love that store but almost never buy anything because it's just so expensive. Veronica and Mike treated me to a gift card to there for my birthday, so Anne and I browsed around and tried to figure out what I'd buy. I found several dresses to covet.

That night, Todd, Dylan, and Sofia took me out to Mama Mexico for a birthday dinner. We had amazing guacamole and all manner of tasty Mexican food before a mariachi band serenaded me with "Happy Birthday" and I opened my presents. I got Pride and Prejudice and Zombies from Todd and The Witches of Eastwick from Shannon. Sofia and Dylan gave me a beautiful notebook to use at work, and Mom sent a computer lamp and gift card to supplement my Anthropologie shopping. There were earrings from Rena and a magazine subscription from Tina. It was a haul! Throughout the day I also got many, many messages from friends and family over Facebook and email, and the whole day made me feel very loved and not at all like an old lady.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Sounds like a PERFECT way to spend your birthday! :)

I'm so happy you had a lovely day.

And wow that post makes me hungry!!

Jen said...

Aw, I wish I had been there to say happy birthday in person. Next year!