Monday, September 14, 2009

Shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen

Those of you who supported my idea for a Betty Page haircut with bangs are officially the only people who think it's a good idea. I polled a bunch of friends at brunch a couple of weeks ago, asked a few friends at work, and queried Todd. Not one person thought I should do it. I am still itching for a change, so then I started thinking about cutting off some of the length and maybe getting a bob like either Heidi or Mary Kate below.




For the record, I still can't find anyone who thinks this is a good idea. Todd, Dylan, and Sofia all vote no. Shannon, who is growing her hair out, says I'm stealing her hair goal. But a shorter do will be faster to blow dry and, therefore, I'll be more likely to actually do it and have it look good. I'm probably going to do it even though no one wants me to. It's just hair.

8 comments:

Rena said...

I'm cutting mine all off on Thursday. My haircut is similar to Heidi's but ends right below my ear. DO IT! Like you said, it's just hair and if you hate it, grow it out :)

Unknown said...

Actually, I like this idea! I think you would look cute in that cut. My vote, for what it's worth . . .DO IT!! It's not super short, and if you don't like it, it won't take long to grow out. Or you may decide to go even shorter!

Kristinn said...

I think you should do it too! I am trying to grow mine out at this point to the do like Mary Kate's. I always want what I don't have. When it's short, I want it long and when it's long, I'm dying for short! Right now, I'm coveting very, very dark hair, so I'm sure that's in my future. :)

Tina said...

I'm with everyone else.

Do It!!

Change is a very good thing.

I think that cut would look great on you.

Tori said...

The only thing holding me back is that Todd has a real affection for my long hair. On the one hand, I'm very well aware that it's my hair and I get to do whatever I want. On the other hand, I want to stay appealing to him in every possible way. I've gotten a bit soft around the middle since we started dating. Do I want to be fat AND have a haircut he doesn't like?

Tina said...

First - you're not fat. Second, did he actually say he didn't like the new haircut, or just that he likes it the length that it currently is? I completely understand wanting to make him happy, but maybe he'll really like the new cut as well once he sees it, and sees that you have time to style it more often. Just a thought...

Tori said...

Of course I look little to you, Tina--you're looking at me from an ocean away. My appearance shrinks in the distance. :)

Todd hasn't weighed in on these specific hair cuts, but his view that long hair is vastly superior to any other option are well documented.

In the end I'll do what I want. I'm just weighing all the pros and cons.

Jen said...

I'm confused about why no one likes the bangs idea. As you know, I'm a big advocate of bangs on everyone, always. Bangs!

But I would bet a million dollars that Todd wouldn't mind this new look--I think most people would consider both of those haircuts you show "long hair."