Sunday, September 27, 2009

Zip Lining Photos

For my birthday, Todd treated me to a zip lining adventure at Spring Mountain in Pennsylvania. We went through East Coast Outdoors, a company a friend opened. They set up hikes, canoe trips, and other excursions for urbanites, and this was our first trip with them.

Zip lining is amazing! It took place at a ski resort who expanded their business by adding zip lines down the mountain. We started by taking a chairlift up to the top of the mountain. There were seven zips to take us down the mountain, and in between were ropes course–types of bridges and other obstacles. The zip lines offered more of an adrenaline rush, and the bridges tested our balance and perseverance. They were a lot harder than they looked.


Here we are, geared up and ready to hit the zips.


A view of our first zip. I was scared to do the first one. It's so counter-intuitive to step off a platform 50 feet off the ground.


Todd looks ready for anything.

And I just look sassy.


At one point we repelled down from one of the zip platforms and had to climb a rope ladder to get up to the next one. The guides invited us to race if we wanted to, and Todd and I went for it.

It was a close one. Todd had height on his side, but I was much faster off the ground. In the end, as you can see from my finger, I was Number One.


Another one of our between-zip-challenges was to cross this unsupported bridge. We did two of them over the course of the day, and they were so wobbly that we really used every muscle in our bodies to hold our balance and stay upright.

Our longest zip was longer than three football fields lined up end to end. The fastest one had us going over 45 miles per hour. It was amazing from start to finish, and I want to do it again!

4 comments:

Rena said...

That looks like a blast! What a fun day!

ellebee said...

How fun! It looks like you guys had a great day - love the pics.

Unknown said...

It looks like it was so much fun, I don't blame you for wanting to do it again! Kudos to Todd for the idea, and both of you for the execution!

Tina said...

That looks AMAZING!!!! Great idea - Great day!!

And I love the pics! :)