Thursday, April 26, 2007

The CW and Tyra Banks have ruined my plans for this post

There’s nothing I like less than a clip show, and yet it seems to be all the rage these days.

Want to understand the mysteries of the island? You can, if only you watch this Lost clip show! Never mind that the creative forces behind the show are, themselves, lost these days and don’t know what the hell is happening either. If you don’t know the meaning of the numbers, it’s only because you haven’t seen the proper scenes out of context to bring it all home. Clip show to the rescue!

Confused about the shenanigans at Seattle Grace? You don’t need a flow chart to track who is sleeping with who, where the syphilis outbreak began, or how George became the unlikely stud to bag more hot docs (Meredith, Callie, Izzie, and that cute nurse whose name I’m forgetting—and who isn’t actually a doc, but that’s a technicality) than McDreamy (Addison and Meredith) or McSteamy (Addison and Callie).* No, no, the flowchart is nothing compared to the all powerful, Amy Winehouse-backed, overly narrated clip show.

Puzzled about whether Betty is actually ugly? Need clarification on the eye-of-the-beholder, beauty-on-the-inside-trumps-beauty-on- the-outside themes? Ok, you see where I’m going with this.

What’s the point? The point is this: yesterday I told Rena that my new life as a blogger has made me realize that there are many days when I do absolutely nothing noteworthy and that I’d soon be reduced to reporting my thoughts on who gets the boot each week on America’s Next Top Model (a very guilty pleasure). Unfortunately, last night’s ANTM was…you guessed it, a clip show. So now I don’t even have that to report on.


*Please note that if I’ve gotten any of my Grey’s Anatomy partner counts wrong, it’s because I, in fact, did not watch the clip show.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. Sometimes, I think it would be easy to turn my blog into a recap of all the reality TV I'm addicted to!