Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Oh, the sadness

The time has come for me to move out of my apartment. Well, that time will come at the end of November, but the time has come for me to accept the fact that I'll be moving this fall. My building was sold to new owners in January and, as I feared, they're trying to get everyone out so they can raise the rents. Apparently mine, at a jacked up price of over $1,700 would have been a steal compared to what they'll charge a new tenant for it. According to the powerless but nice woman at the management company, no studio will be rented to new tenants for less than $2,500 in my building.

Since I found out I've been lurking on Craig's list to see what's out there. It's too soon to really start looking, but I can't help myself. If anyone knows of an available studio, please think of me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come back to the BRONX! We miss you!
I know this isn't helpful but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! That completely sucks. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you find something affordable.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about this! And just who are these assholes who are going to pay $2500 for a studio? Evil is at work. Regardless, you are a resourceful woman, and I know you'll find something great in a place that will make you happy. And I know you love your neighborhood and its location, but if you do consider BROOKLYN, you could probably get a beautiful 1-BR or huge loft/studio for what you're paying now. I supposed that's enough unsolicited Outer Borough Temptation for now...