Monday, October 15, 2007

Congratulations, Josh and Todd!

It was a wedding weekend! On Friday, Josh and Todd tied the knot in front of a small group of family and friends near their home in New Jersey. I felt so lucky to be there with them as they made their commitment official after seven and a half years together. I've never been to a wedding so small, and while I can understand how and why many weddings grow, there was something incredibly special about having an intimate group present for the exchange of vows.

Saturday we gathered again for a larger celebration at the Red Cat. I've heard Josh and Todd talk about this restaurant many times but had never been there myself. After Saturday's feast, though, I can definitely see why they return time and again. Everything was delicious, from the salmon tartar appetizer to the amazing spinach and egg risotto that came with my entree to the blackout cake. More special, though, were the toasts friends and family gave to honor the grooms. Josh's childhood friend Holly made me cry! Both days were wonderful, and it is always inspiring to see two people who are so right for each other. Congratulations, Josh and Todd!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Josh and Todd! And that's a great photo: they look so, so happy.

Josh said...

*sniff* Aw, thanks, man. It was terrific seeing you both days, and it meant so much to us that you, one of our dearest friends, were there. Also, finally the world knows what we love about The Red Cat! And you think Holly made you cry...I still get choked up every time I think about it.