Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Who's Your Homeless Friend?

Not me! I signed a lease on a new apartment this morning. It's a "duplex studio" which is real estate speak for a loft studio. Luckily, this one comes equipped with very high ceilings. Whereas most loft studios have a little crawl space that anyone with even minor claustrophobia could use for nothing but storage, this one has an actual almost upstairs room. There will surely be much bumping of heads at first, but the upstairs is fairly roomy and will give me a great chance to separate my living and sleeping space like a real grown up.

I move in on October 30th, and there is a lot of packing to do before then. I'm starting to collect boxes from work today and hope to give lots of clothes and shoes to Good Will as I go through the back of my closet.

An apartment-warming event will have to follow once I get myself slightly settled in the new digs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats on your new place... I can't wait to see it next time I'm in the city.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see it! Congrats!
Let me know if you need help packing :)

Anonymous said...

Hooray!! The photos look so awesome, and I can't wait to see that exposed brick wall in person.