Monday, October 1, 2007

My sister, the home owner

I had a nice short work week last week because I took Friday off to drive up to Taunton, MA with my mom to see my sister and brother-in-law's new home. They bought their first house a few months ago and threw a little family-only housewarming party over this past weekend. Shannon and her boyfriend came, Mike's mom and nan came, and after oohing and aahing over their new house we all stuffed ourselves full of tacos and peanut butter pie (yum).

Really, their house is beautiful. It's about a hundred years old and comes with the beautiful and unique details and idiosyncrasies that newer houses just don't have. If I'm ever in a position to buy a house, I'd like to get something with nooks and crannies like Veronica and Mike found. Perhaps my favorite room was what they're using as their library. It's a small room on the second floor with an exposed brick chimney coming through it as well as sloped ceilings. I liked the idea of curling up with a book in one of the corners.

0 comments: