Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

This year I'm dressed as someone pretending she has her shit together when really she's fairly disheveled due to a recent apartment move. It's a subtle costume, but I got the details just right.

In all seriousness, the move went very smoothly, in no small part thanks to my awesome mom. I treated her to an approximately 18 hour day of first standing around while movers moved my shit, laughing (perhaps to hide the horror) at the soccer ball-sized dust bunnies that had accumulated under every piece of furniture I own, and then more unpacking than anyone really wants to do in a day. All in all, though, we got a remarkable amount done. There was an hour or two where we'd spread out all the boxes to try to find the ones we wanted to unpack, which resulted in quite an obstacle course just to walk from one side of the room to the other. I started feeling overwhelmed at that point, but after a little bit of shifting and stacking, things started looking a bit better. There's plenty more to do before the place is really put together, but it's not bad for the first 24 hours. I'll post pictures once it's a little more organized.

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Yay, Mom!
I can't wait to see pictures of the new place!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it went well; your mom seriously rocks! Are you going to get those lamps?