Thursday, November 1, 2007

NaBloPoMo Day 1

Good luck to all my fellow NaBloPoMo-ers out there! I'm trying to stock pile ideas of interesting things to write about this month, but there's no guarantee I won't resort to telling you about what I had for lunch at some point.

Laura and Tina have convinced me to also give NaWriNoMo a try this year, too. In the next 30 days, I'm supposed to write a 175 page or 50,000 word novel. So far I have 437 words and only half a clue what it is I'm writing. Plot, characters, and arc are all a bit fuzzy at this point. My hope is that all will emerge soon, or these are going to be 175 painful pages.

In the meantime, I'd like to point out that whoever decided NaBloPoMO and NaNoWriMo should take place in the same month is mean, mean, mean.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you'll have to take time off work for all this writing you need to do! good luck :)

Tina said...

Amen to the mean, mean, mean comment. This sudden burst of writing is bound to have unforeseen side effects. I'm bracing myself. :)