Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Amazing Neighborhood Discovery

Walking around my new 'hood over the weekend, I saw that one of the multiple churches near me (one of which I hear tolling its bells in a surprisingly pretty way on each hour) is the home of a thrift store. I don't have a lot of luck with second hand clothes even when they're called vintage to make them sound snazzy. I went in anyway, and was very pleasantly surprised to see that they also sell used books. There are a few book cases when you first walk in, as well as a whole room dedicated to novels, art books, history books, biographies, and more. While no where near as large, this place kicks The Strand's ass when it comes to price. I bought Assassination Vacation for $1.95 and Mansfield Park for 50 cents. Granted, the copy of Mansfield Park is well worn, but it was only 50 cents! This is like having the Ithaca Friends of the Library sale two blocks away 365 days a year.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll know where to find you if you go missing for a few days :)