Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Just when I thought I was done

I am feeling settled and comfortable in my new apartment just in time to pack up and move offices. We're moving only a few blocks south, but I've spent the afternoon in the same cardboard-smelling, packing tape-shrieking mess I just left behind.

This move is far less traumatic on a personal level, but I am somewhat miffed about losing my good office and being stuck in a craptacular cube again. There's no doubting, even for a moment, that this job is about a hundred thousand times better than any job I ever had at McGraw-Hell. Nonetheless, going back to a cube feels a bit like a demotion. Many of us are in the same boat, so there's no point whining about it, and I'm putting on a very Mary Sunshine face to my boss. But I'm not happy.

I mean seriously, how will I blog and Gmail Chat all day now that people can see what I'm doing?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No!! I can't believe you have to go back to cube land. I'm so sorry....

Shannon said...

Very carefully like the rest of us.

If it makes you feel any better, I don't even have a cube, just a sort of... hallway. Seriously, you have to go behind me and through my space to get to the two paralegals' desks. I'm not complaining, just saying it could be worse.