Friday, November 16, 2007

Make me a better person by giving away your hard earned money

My good friend Kristinn is a better person than I am. Thanksgiving will find me stuffing myself full of turkey, stuffing (well named in so many ways), and mashed potatoes with gravy. Once I do all that, I'll likely lay on the couch moaning about how much I ate and how many ways my stomach hurts. That will last exactly as long as it takes someone to suggest dessert. I'll then waffle between whether I want pumpkin pie or apple, and before the night is out I'll have a slice of each.

Kristinn, on the other hand, will be running a charity race. The Thanksgiving Day Trot for Hunger helps raise awareness about hunger and homelessness and raises money to provide meals and medical care for the poor and homeless in her community.

Since we all know I'm too lazy to run a race, even for charity, I'm doing my part by trying to guilt trip all of you into donating to Kristinn's race. See, if some of you give her money, I'll have seriously helped the cause without ever getting off the couch. It'll be a beautiful thing.

To make this dream come true, visit Kristinn's So Others May Eat website.

1 comments:

Kristinn said...

Tori! You are SO GREAT!!! Thanks for blogging about the trot. Tim jokes that I shouldn't be allowed to carry around cash because anytime I see a homeless person, I'm emptying my wallet. I just feel like I have it SO much better than others, and I can't imagine how hard life must be that one would choose to beg for money. So anyway, this is the perfect race for me! I need to race my butt on up to NYC to give you an enormous hug! Thanks again and some day soon, I will actually make it up there for a visit!