Monday, February 18, 2008

Homebody

I’m a funk right now where I never really feel like going out. Once I rally and make myself I usually have fun, but there is definitely an effort required in getting out and about. Tonight I’m going out for drinks with my two favorite coworkers. We’ve had the same plans three Mondays in a row, but this looks like the first time it’ll actually come together (sicknesses on their parts prevailed the last two weeks). I know it’ll be fun, we’ve been trying to do this for a while, and I really like getting to know them better outside of the cubicle context. Still, there is a part of me that just wants to go home and veg.

I hope I snap out of this soon. Life is more fun with a bit more energy, and I have plans four out of five nights this week!

3 comments:

Tina said...

I completely understand. I have plans 3 of 5 nights, and all I really want to do is go home and walk around my flat, admiring MY home... :) Sad but true. Being social is a difficult thing, huh? At least you have a cutie pie to cuddle up with - that's a plus, definitely!

Anonymous said...

Maybe we should switch lives for a couple of weeks. I'm in the opposite boat - cabin fever with no where to go!

Spooky said...

I have the same problem, especially at this time of year. I think it might be a very minor seasonal depression.