Monday, February 11, 2008

Mittens

When Shannon was in town for brunch a couple of weeks ago, it was freezing. FREEZING, freezing. And, of course, that would be the day to lose one of my gloves. I had it when I left the house; when I got to Port Authority, though, the left glove was gone, baby, gone. Since then I've invested in an awesome new pair of mittens. Check these out: they have little half-glove fingers inside, and I can whip them out at any moment for more dexterity. And they're lines with fleece, so they're ultra warm.

Thanks to global climate change it really hasn't been that cold out lately, so I had started to think I'd get no use out of them for the rest of the winter. Today is something like 3 degrees with the wind chill, though, so I'm starting to get my money's worth out of these bad boys.

2 comments:

Tina said...

I got a pair just like those in Ireland a few years ago. They're super scratchy wool and not snuggly fleece, but the flip-top mitten with fingers are my fave thing in the winter! :)

Anonymous said...

How funny - I just got a pair like that in orange from Nate's cousin who bought them in Peru. These must be the world's most popular mittens.