Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

I think I need to break up with Lollibomb. You may remember my love for these all natural, all vegan body products. They smell great, they feel great, and everything about them makes me happy.

Everything, that is, except that they are apparently impossible to get.

I placed a big order several months ago and never got it. I knew from experience that the woman who runs this one-woman business was pretty slow on the shipping, but even after she said it had shipped and provided a tracking number, the post office had no record of it. It took a while, but eventually she said she'd shipped it again, with the same end result. I've never gotten either of the packages she says she's shipped. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt, but she seems really flaky.

She was vending at a craft show in Brooklyn this past Sunday, and I hoofed it all the way out there with the plan of basically buying her entire stock of my favorite scent and never having to deal with her again. When I got there, she had about 4 things out to sell. That's it. There was really nothing--and nothing at all in my favorite scent. It was a major bust (ironically, also the name of the magazine hosting the craftacular).

I'm tempted to try to order through her site one more time, but I know I have to face reality and recognize that I need to find a new favorite body product line. Any recommendations? I like stuff that is all natural, smells great, and also doesn't break the bank.

6 comments:

Rena said...

You know my recommendation! Gudonyatoo has new owners and they are wonderful! They made me a special room spray and when I said it was too strong, they made me ANOTHER one for free! I love them and I love everything they make! I especially love their tahitian vanilla and yuzu :)

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5267741

DMT said...

I've become ADDICTED to LUSH products lately. All natural and organic. I use the solid shampoo bar Godiva. It smells AMAZING and it lasts a long while. I also use their bar soap and face mask. Everything in the store smells so good (though the bath bombs overwhelm me if the door to the store isn't open).

Jen said...

I've buying alot from Savor on Etsy:
http://savor.etsy.com

Her scents are nice and clean--she's got a coconut mochi bar that is amazing. And she is practically OCD about shipping and customer service--you'll get your stuff quickly.

But my favorite is Haunt:
haunt.etsy.com

Her stuff is AMAZING in every way. Sadly, though, as a consequence of all her awesome, her shop is pretty bare right now. But I'd definitely bookmark her for later.

As for Lollibomb--Luca's going to be at the Renegade show with me. If you feel like coming to visit me there, you could always give it one more shot. If you can't make it, I can check with her for you.
(although I can understand if you're just sort of over her by now)

Jen said...

Shoot, I forgot one more (I have a little addiction to vegan, handmade soap):

dirtylovesclean.etsy.com

Tina said...

I'm with DMT on Lush! Completely addicted!!

Josh said...

A girl I went to camp with as a kid and have recently reconnected with on Facebook sells natural, vegan products for a company called Arbonne: http://tinyurl.com/cyej58

She's always been a very vegan, naturalistic kinda girl, and she swears by them. Let me know if you want her contact info.