Monday, May 4, 2009

Extremely Productive Weekend, Plus A Couple of Mediocre Movies

Todd and I cranked it out this weekend. We've been living in something of a mess, in part because our schedules didn't leave us a lot of mid-week time to continue unpacking my stuff and in part because several large items / boxes were going into storage. Until those things were out of the way, it was just impossible to put some stuff away or feel like we were making a lot of progress. Yesterday, though, a bunch of stuff went into our storage unit. We can now walk around the apartment without it feeling like an obstacle course! I also got my books more organized (Todd says I'm obsessed, but I really feel like it's disconcerting to have my copy of Twilight next to my copy of Feminism/Postmodernism). Todd put up two more shelves, in the bathroom this time. Everything is coming together.

And in between all of this, we even snuck in a couple of sort-of-funny movies. Friday night we watched Pineapple Express; we made the mistake of watching the extended cut, and boy did we feel that extra length. Yesterday we took a work break to eat and watch Role Models. Both movies had moments that were funny, but both also lasted too long, were kind of stupid, and wore out their welcome.

2 comments:

Rena said...

I also watched Role Models yesterday! I really love that little kid. He's the only reason I rented that movie.

Glad to hear that everything is coming together :)

Tina said...

I'm so happy that you're finally getting through the boxes. I'm sure you can feel your blood pressure coming down with every unpacked/disposed of box. :)

And, .... Hmmm. I started to say that I'm with Todd on the organization thing. Then I looked at my bookshelf and specifically remember arranging my books and making sure that none of my 'smut' books were on the same shelf with The Scarlet Pimpernel and The Moonstone. So, in all fairness, I totally see your point - I'd just never taken a second to think about it. :)

And woo hoo - shelves!