Monday, July 2, 2007

A cheesy good time

Saturday night marked the belated celebration of Jen's recent birthday. Three of us took Jen out to Artisanal for a heart-stopping meal of cheese fondue, shared appetizers (including their signature cheese plate), and chocolate fondue. As good as all that cheese was--and believe me, it was good--just as fun was spending the evening with Jen and her friends. The four of us have hung out a bit together before, but this was the first time we all really spent an evening together. Not since the heyday of my publishing group right after college have I had a real circle of friends. I have wonderful, amazing individual friends, but too many of them don't know each other. I should try to do more joint activities, but it's always tricky trying to bring different groups together. I was pleased and surprised at how effortlessly we all clicked.

0 comments: