Friday, July 13, 2007

Randomness in all its glory

You all have Laura to thank for today’s post. She’s tagged me for this 8-random-tidbits thing. Here are the rules:

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own post about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Here goes:

1. My bookshelf organization is partially autobiographical. For instance, Written on the Body and Stone Butch Blues have to be next to each other in the bookcase for the rest of time because I read them together in college.

2. I have a voyeuristic streak that compels me to look in the windows of every apartment I can when I’m walking around.

3. Ok, so this one isn’t really about me, but it’s about my day-to-day life at work. My boss wears a toupee and thinks no one knows; we ALL know. And we mock it. The other day I told my colleague (when said boss was being particularly wussy), “John needs to grow a pair.” My colleague responded with, “What did you say? John needs to grow some hair?” Good times.

4. That officially gross cheese food product that goes on nachos and pretzels at the mall? Sometimes it really hits the spot.

5. Alice in Wonderland = Creepy. How do kids watch that and not get scared? That freaky Cheshire Cat? No, thank you. The Queen of Hearts and her hideous, “Off with their heads!”? The drunk “A Very Merry Unbirthday” mouse? Ugh! I hate it all.

6. I like watching rats in the subway. I know they’re gross and disease-ridden and whatever, but down in the tracks they are far enough from me that I can watch them with an anthropological fascination. And when you’re waiting forever for the train to come, sometimes you need a little something to keep you entertained.

7. I really want to learn how to ride a motorcycle. And snowboard. And sky dive.

8. I’m terrified of having isolated Tourrette’s like attacks where I say all the inappropriate things that I’m usually thinking during meetings at work.

There you have it. You all know me a little bit better now. I don’t know eight other bloggers, but I’m tagging the few I do know: Shannon, Veronica, Anne, Josh, and Jen.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed reading this and learning about you! I will now have to pay attention next time I come into the city & take the subway - - - like you said as long as they are that far from me . . . .! Now I have to go read other blogs and learn about other people!