Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Biked to work this morning

I’ve been riding every weekend since getting my bike, but until today I had never used it for the commute. The weather has been a great excuse (see yesterday’s post, for example), but really I’ve been a little nervous about biking in traffic. I’ve been getting steadily more comfortable, though, and since it’s a beautiful day today I decided the time was right to test fate.

I had one dicey moment when a cab cut me off to snag a passenger, but I didn’t get killed, so I guess the commute can be called a success. It was certainly more of an adrenaline rush than when people cut you off trying to board the subway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Beautiful day for it, too.

Kristinn said...

Wow! You are BRAVE! I get nervous biking to work here and it's all trail except for a stretch of Constitution. But that one block is enough to scare the beejeesus out of me. :)

Tina said...

I'm sooo proud of you! You got the bike and you rode it on NYC streets. Wow. You are so freakin' brave! And so freakin' clever. What a great way to start the day! (Well, minus the near-death-by-cabbie moment!)