Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Slumdog Success

I finally made it to see Slumdog Millionaire this past weekend. I’m now only woefully behind on Oscar Watch instead of incredibly woefully behind. After so many comments on my Benjamin Button post about how Slumdog was the movie to see, I went in with high expectations. I don’t think it totally lived up to the hype, but I still really, really liked it. I’ll spare you all a full blown review since most of you have already seen it. I will say, though, that I thought it was very well told, the performances were excellent across the board (especially impressive when dealing with child actors), and the music was great. I don’t know exactly which two songs are Oscar nominated, but I intend to find out. There are a couple I’d like to add to my collection.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad you finally saw it. I agree about the music. I am obsessed with that M.I.A. song from the train scene now. :)

Tina said...

Doh! I don't remember any of the music specifically, but I loved the movie sooo much, I may just download the soundtrack anyway!

DMT said...

Tori, I have the CD and will be happy to burn you a copy!