Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Bake One, Bake All

Hello, fellow cake lovers. My friend Rena has started a monthly baking club titled “Have the Cake.” I’ve joined, and you should, too.

Each month, one person from the group picks a recipe (something they’ve never tried before) for a cake, cookie, cracker, pie, bar, biscuit, brownie, etc. for the group to try. Individual bakers are encouraged to make it their own and put their own spin on it however they’d like. Since I’d prefer to not blow up like Violet Beauregarde, my spin will be trying all those low-fat tricks like using apple sauce instead of oil. To that end, if anyone knows other low-fat tricks, please send them my way. :)

Each person has the entire month to try the recipe. Once done, bakers should post photos and thoughts on their baking experience on their blog and cross post them on Have the Cake. If you don’t have your own blog, posting only on Have the Cake is fine, too.

I know a lot of you are bakers in your own right, and it’d be fun to share this experience. Leave a comment here or email me directly if you’d like to join in the pastry fun.

3 comments:

Rena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina said...

Me too! :) And I'm already searching for a recipe for my February stint. Bring on the baking!

Anonymous said...

i love gum even violet likes gum to. i wish today was gum day. how about u? sign:hailey