Sunday, June 3, 2007

Knocked Up on a Saturday Night

Last night I went to see Knocked Up, along with about 400,000 other New Yorkers (seriously, people were sitting in the aisles at the Sony Lincoln Center. What is this, a Star Wars premier?). The movie didn’t have as many full on belly laughs as I had hoped or predicted, but it’s still worth seeing if you like the Judd Apatow school of funny. The excellent cast is definitely part of its charm; in addition to my favorite Apatow clan regulars (Seth Rogen, Jason Segel, Paul Rudd, etc.), I really enjoyed Alan Tudyk as an E! executive. Funniest of all, though, was Kristen Wiig (apparently of SNL fame, though I didn’t know that since I almost never watch SNL). She only has a handful of scenes, but she steals every single one she’s in. Hi-larious.

I also made an appearance at my friend Michael’s birthday party, which was fun. I love other people’s parties as a chance to catch up with friends I don’t get to see much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you liked this movie - we can't wait to see it! Nate and I just watched Freaks & Geeks for the second time...

Shannon said...

Alan Tudyk! Alright, now I have to see this movie.