Wednesday, June 6, 2007

They must have a special camera to take pictures this bad

As part of my ongoing hope/dream/plan to someday soon go on another vacation, I stopped at CVS over my lunch break to get new passport photos taken. I realized not long ago, quite sadly, that it's been almost ten years since I went to London for a semester and did the bulk of my international travel. I keep getting older, but no richer, and haven't used my passport in almost three years; now it's about to expire.

I'm happy to retire the very bad photo I had taken in 1997 and hoped that I'd fare better this time around. It seems, though, that it's impossible for me to take anything better than a hideous passport picture. I know that every one's passport picture looks terrible, but how will I charm cranky customs officials into stamping my journal (something my 2004 trip proved they are mostly loathe to do) while they're looking at my passport and wondering how someone who has never seen the light of day got a passport in the first place? Seriously, with the white background and my almost albino complexion, I barely show up in the photo.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So here's the important question - - - - is the new bad picture better than the very bad, old picture, just as bad, or worse?

We all think pictures of ourselves are no good, maybe that's why you don't like this one?

Melissa said...

I have approximately 7 chins in my passport photo.