Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Day

There isn’t much I can say today that isn’t being said all over the blogosphere and mainstream media. Still, I couldn’t let this day pass without saying how grateful I am that Barack Obama won the election and is about to become our 44th president. Go Obama! After seeing images of the crowds on the mall and parade route this morning it’s abundantly clear that the hope and excitement I’m feeling is widespread.

Here’s to an administration that will, I hope, revitalize America’s economy, bring healthcare to all Americans, reestablish this country as one we can be proud of (e.g., let’s stop torturing people and lying about it), and progress social and civil causes (down with Prop 8 and the equally horrific but underreported Arkansas Unmarried Couple Adoption Ban).

There is much to be done, but it's the first time in eight years I've felt hopeful about what we'll achieve.

1 comments:

Tina said...

You worked so hard during the campaign, you deserve a pat on the back. You helped make this day happen, Tori.

Thank you. :)