Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Schiller's with the boys

I just got home from dinner with Drew, Josh, and Todd at Schiller's Liquor Bar. It was a great night with some kind of goat cheese salad thing, salmon, and bites of apple crisp and sticky toffee pudding all around. I was aggravated when we got the bum's rush at the end of our meal, though. I really like Schiller's, but after two plus carafes of wine, appetizers, entrees, and desserts, it was, I thought, more than a little obnoxious when the host told us they were "desperate for our table" mere seconds after we'd paid the bill. I thought we'd eaten enough to buy ourselves a few minutes of chit chat before facing the night again, but not at Schiller's.

Really, though, the best part was spending time all together. Going from a daily lunch and multiple smoke (or second-hand smoke in my case) breaks per day, it was a tough adjustment when we all scattered to different jobs and lives. We're all about one million times better for not being at McGraw-Hill, but it's hard not to miss seeing such good friends on such a regular basis.

0 comments: