Sunday, March 16, 2008

I didn't make it

Earlier this year I vowed that I wasn't going to buy any books this year. I had piled up so many that until I made my way through the pile I just wasn't going to spend any more money. Well, when I was showing Mom the book room at the thrift store by my apartment, I just couldn't resist. Seeing three books that were on my wishlist for only $1.50 each was just too much. I snapped them up. Mom offered to buy me for them so I wouldn't have to admit defeat, but I'm coming clean. I'm a book-a-holic!

And today, I went to the Bronx to visit Rena, do some pleasantly low-key shopping at Trader Joe's, and, apparently, raid her bookshelves. She's in the midst of de-cluttering and decided to give up the books that she knows she won't read again. Very lucky for me! I ended up with practically another year's worth of reading. Thanks, Rena!

2 comments:

rg said...

I'm happy to enable your addiction!

Kristinn said...

Oh man. I am the WORST at compulsively buying books that look like great reads and then they sit for what seems like an eternity on my shelves, begging to be read. But, as hard as I try, I can't get into the library, except for mandated bookclub books! :)