Monday, April 21, 2008

Choose a position, please

I really do think that Hillary can be a great president. I didn’t vote for her in the primary, but if she ends up being the democratic candidate I’ll rally around her and be very glad to see her in the White House. I am, like so many others, eager to see if she pulls off the sweeping victory she needs tomorrow to stay in the game. My prediction is that she’ll stay around for a while longer whether she remains viable after Pennsylvanians vote or not. But she needs to stop talking such shit.

In response to Barack Obama’s weekend comment than any of the three candidates for president would be a better commander in chief than Bush, Hillary shot back, "We need a nominee who will take on John McCain, not cheer on John McCain, and I will be that nominee."

Ok. True enough. The democratic nominee needs to be ready to throw down.

But not that long ago, she was so eager to take down Obama that she offered up this doozy: "I think that I have a lifetime of experience that I will bring to the White House. I know Senator McCain has a lifetime of experience to the White House. And Senator Obama has a speech he gave in 2002."

So to sum up: in the world of Hillary, it’s ok to say that McCain would be a better president than Obama, but it’s not ok to say that McCain would be a better president than Bush? The fuck?

1 comments:

kk said...

Agh. The Clinton camp just seems so desperate. With the possible exception of Chelsea.

I still haven't dreamed about ANY of the candidates. I did have a dream about Jon Stewart last week.