Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Prepping for Paris

I’ve been collecting recommendations from friends and coworkers in preparation for my big trip (leaving Thursday night and can’t wait!). There have been a few museum recommendations, but mostly people are all about the food. Crepe cart suggestions abound, and no less than three people have suggested that Tina and I hit La Durée. They provided all the treats for the movie Marie Antoinette, and apparently their macaroons are to die for.

One of the other ones that caught my eye, though, is Cafe de Flore en l'Ile, where we can mix our own hot chocolate from a silver pitcher of thick bittersweet chocolate and another of steamed milk. Tina rightly described this as sounding “like a little slice of heaven on earth.”

I suspect I’ll come back from France both fat and happy.

5 comments:

rg said...

You could also have hot chocolate at Angélina, 226, rue de Rivoli. Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

The hot chocolate tour of Paris! I love it... If you do the gelato tour of Italy next year, can I come?

Tina said...

Oh Baby!!! I sooo feel a hot chocolate tour coming on! I stare every day at our ice-cream tour of Boston slut picture and just miss you guys sooo much! I say we schedule a gelato tour of Italy very very soon!

Anonymous said...

I like this food person's blog---he's an American who's lived in Paris for a while. He's big on chocolate. Here's his "I heart Paris" recommendations:

http://www.davidlebovitz.com/paris.html

Hope you have a wonderful time!
kb

kimberly kinchen said...

If you need to veer away from the sweets path a little (just to clear your palate, of course!) you might see if that blog above has any recommendations about Algerian or Moroccan food in Paris. I can't recall the name of the place I went - but it was very savory stuff.