Friday, April 11, 2008

Paris: Day 1

After an easy and (as much as possible anyway) flight, I met Tina in the heart of the city and off we went for our first Parisian day. It included, of course, a lot of eating. We had lunch, complete with wine and dessert (fondant au chocolate for me--yum!) and then wandered around the city for a bit. We saw the Louvre, which is stumbling distance from our hotel, and walked across the river to make a visit to the Musee Dorsay. I loved it! It reminded me of smaller museums in New York in the sense that it was manageable in only a few hours. We started at the top and worked our way downstairs seeing Monets, Manets, Degas, Seurats, and all the other impressionists on the way. There is so much beautiful work captured there! The Musee Dorsay itself, as an old train station, is also wonderful.

We went to dinner at Au Virage Lepic which Josh and Todd highly recommended. A big shout out goes to them, because it was wonderful! We had a chance to wander around Montmatre for a while before eating (ok, really we really went the wrong way down Rue Lepic at first) and got to see the anticlimactic Moulin Rouge. And when we finally found the restaurant, it was heavenly. Josh and Todd did not steer us wrong! Thanks, guys!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy that you made it out there safely. I wish you were blogging every moment. Camilla says hello.

Josh said...

I'm just now catching up on all the adventures (again, jealous!), and I'm SO happy that you liked Au Virage Lupic! It's hard not to love decadent French food, right?

Anonymous said...

Wow - I'm so impressed that you're blogging from Paris. Hooray!