Sunday, November 16, 2008

Brisket and Ribs and Pulled Pork, Oh My!

It was a barbeque-heavy weekend for me. I don't go out to BBQ often, but I somehow managed to eat it twice in just two days. Saturday night Todd and I braved the elements without umbrellas (thanks to my inability to properly read my iphone's weather app) and headed to the Waterfront Alehouse in Brooklyn to meet up with some BBQ-happy friends. Said friends took the initiative of ordering for the entire table so we could all taste a little bit of everything. I'm often not a fan of family style ordering, but I went with the flow and ended up liking the meal.

After some time at the museum today, Todd, the kids, and I took advantage of the early bird special at a local BBQ place. I wasn't hungry enough for all that meat again and got a spinach salad with some barbequed steak thrown on top. Saturday's meal was better, which just goes to show that when you're at a barbeque place, you shouldn't get the salad.

Then I listened to a podcast of The Splendid Table where they talked about acheiving barbeque with a crock pot and some liquid smoke.

This weekend was all barbeque, all the time.

3 comments:

Rena said...

Yum!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm. Sounds delicious. I'm going to have to look into the liquid smoke idea. :)

Tina said...

Hey Jealousy! Oh I wish I could have a BBQ weekend! That just sounds soooo yummy!