Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Rocks

Shannon and Micah took me rock climbing this morning in an effort to work off a little of the pie we all ate last night. I loved it! I haven't been climbing before (ice climbing in Alaska is the closest I've come) so I stuck to the easy routes, made it to the top of all the routes I tried, and felt like quite a success. I'd love to do more of this kind of thing if I could find other people who wanted to do it and a place to go.

Micah has heard of a farmer in Ohio who ices his silo from top to bottom and lets people ice climb it in the winter. Who's ready for a road trip?

2 comments:

Rena said...

How fun! How many times did we plan on going? I'm so glad you finally did it and loved it :)

Tina said...

That sounds like so much fun! I think about that climbing wall in Lincoln Square and how hard it looked, and I keep thinking I want to try it. I'm so glad you did it!