Saturday, October 18, 2008

Cavnassing Again

Todd and I hit the road today and visited Pennsylvania for more canvassing. I'm impressed with the organization of Obama campaign and the local headquarters who put these trips together. I'm also impressed that the NY group we went with recognized, after my stellar bus riding last weekend, that I was bus captain material. That's right, I was promoted to Bus Captain after just one trip! All it really means is that I had to make sure everyone made it back on the bus before we left for the evening. Someone got left behind last week, so the pressure was on. Luckily we all made it!

The canvassing itself was a success but slightly less wonderful than last weekend. Last weekend I was right in Bristol, and most of the folks I met were happy to talk. Today, though, we were in Falls Township, and the people we were visiting had clearly been contacted again, and again, and again. We went to multiple doors where flyers for the local congressman were still under the mat.

Though most people (though not all) were friendly enough, they just weren't as open to talking to us. And there were a couple of people who were rude and one who struck both Todd and me as racist. It was something intangible about his response to us, but we both felt it.

Overall it was a positive day, though, and we got some face time (sort of) with Barack and Hillary back at HQ.


1 comments:

Tina said...

Of course you're management material! :) And I'm loving the pic of Todd and Hillary's (near) smooch. :):):)