Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Six degrees of Zac Efron

It just doesn’t have the same ring to it, does it?

The powers that be are cashing in on Efron’s High School Musical success with a remake of Footloose. I don’t know about you, but I’m just not into it. I love the original one, and even if most of that affection is based on nostalgia, I just don’t need to see it remade. I also don’t really get the adoration Efron is receiving. I thought he was fine in Hairspray (I haven’t seen HSM or any of its sequels) but nothing amazing. And he kind of looks like he’s 12 years old to me. Whatever it is that people find so appealing, I’m just not seeing it. And I’ll tell you this: he’s no Kevin Bacon.

2 comments:

Rena said...

No, he is not Kevin Bacon! Why do they have to remake everything? Does no one have an original idea anymore?

Veronica said...

Guh, I am so sick of all the re-makes lately! Can't somebody have an original idea in Hollywood? Are they so terrified that if people don't already know everything about it, nobody will go see it?
Seriously. Have some faith in the general movie-going public.