Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hatin' on Palin

I've been playing blog catch up since vacation. I never fell too far behind, but I've been a day or two back all week. Somehow in the flurry of vacation shenanigans and blog catch-up I never got around to blogging about the VP debate. Let's just say that my reactions were pretty predictable. I was more impressed with Joe Biden than I anticipated, mostly because he stayed on message and didn't say anything too ridiculous. Sarah Palin, on the other hand, reinforced my impression that she doesn't know anything about, well, much of anything.

I think she's getting a pass from the media because everyone expected so little of her. Just like with GWB before her, she's getting praise for the easy feat of just not sounding like a total fucking idiot. The rest of us go around day after day not sounding like fools, but the national medai doesn't congratulate us on it!

Anyway, Kristinn sent me this video, which I'm loving. Todd and I are thinking about writing our own down-with-Sarah song, and I'll post it here if we ever do.

3 comments:

Rena said...

That is hilarious!

Rena said...

You and Todd should totally do one :)

Tina said...

I love that!!!! And can't wait to see you and Todd launch into song! :)