Sunday, January 20, 2008

Final book purchase for 2008

I'm home visiting my mom for the weekend and we're off to the awesome used bookstore in her 'hood, Second Time Books. Mom did a lot of her Christmas present shopping for me at this place, and of the zillion books she was nice enough to get me, there were three in the mix I'd already read. We're going to exchange them now, and once that's over I'm done shopping for books for the rest of the year (except for the book club books I don't choose). I'm truly not convinced I can resist buying a book for the next twelve months, but I am actually going to try. Between Christmas, Second Time Books, and the thrift store on 96th Street, I've managed to collect somewhere between forty and fifty books that I still haven't read. My goal is to power through most of them before I spend any more money.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to say it, but I'm betting against you on this one. :)

Unknown said...

I'm thinking that if all you were to read this year are the books you already own, you could fulfill the resolution you made yesterday!