Thursday, January 24, 2008

Home Sick

No, this isn't, as my mom suggested,  a ploy to stay home and play with my new computer. I really am sick today. I think I take about 1/2 sick day a year on average, because I always think it's sort of pansy-ish for me to stay home. I am very sincere when I give others around me the good advice to take care of themselves and stay home when they aren't feeling well, but somehow I usually decide to go in even on the verge of death. I'm not sure if it's to prove to whatever boss happens to be around that I'm totally dedicated or if some twisted part of me wants to pass my germs on to the annoying coworkers I have. But one way or another, I usually end up working. After a fitful night's sleep, though, I woke up this morning tired, with a sore throat and cough that wouldn't quit, and unable to breathe through half my nose. I decided to take my own advice and stay home. Here's hoping I can kick it before whatever it is I have gets worse.  

5 comments:

rg said...

Feel better!

Anonymous said...

I feel sick too, but for other reasons.

Unknown said...

Hope you're feeling better than you did earlier. . . .

Tina said...

I hope you feel better today. :)

Anonymous said...

Get some rest and feel better soon!