Thursday, January 17, 2008

Mike Huckabee is still in the race? Seriously?

(FYI, I realize I’m totally sucking at Blog 365, but the loss of my home internet is taking its toll. I wrote a version of this post yesterday, so I’m posting it under that date. I’m grateful for Blog 365’s flexibility here!)

I know I’m not in step with the American masses (if this were the case I guess I would have been happier with where our country has been going for the past seven years). But I have to assume there are a lot of smart people out there in the rest America, even if I don’t agree with them. So what has me totally baffled is how Mike Huckabee can still be a contender for his party’s nomination. I know I’ve already posted about how it’s absurd that people would vote for a man who doesn’t believe in evolution or who would keep countless people from getting their insurance money because of the bad rap god got in the insurance forms, but I can’t stop there. Today I read this article about how Huckabee is equating homosexuality with bestiality. He’s so wrong and offensive in so many ways that I can’t believe anyone likes him.

0 comments: