Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Booker Books

The Booker Prize shortlist was announced today. Has anyone read any of these? My boss just lent me Netherland, but it's still sitting unopened on my desk. And Netherland is only mentioned in this article because it didn't make the shortlist.

The White Tiger, by Aravid Adiga
The Secret Scripture, by Sebastian Barry
Sea of Poppies, by Amitav Ghosh
The Clothes on Their Backs, by Linda Grant
The Northern Clemency, by Philip Hensher
A Fraction of the Whole, by Steve Toltz

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I find it kind of sad that I've never even heard of any of these books. In fact, I haven't heard of any of the books on any of the prize lists for at least a few years now. Are these not getting publicized or is just because I live in the midwest border-barnes&noble black hole?