Friday, September 12, 2008

Happy birthday to me!

I just had a great birthday. After being treated to a peanut butter and nutella breakfast-in-bed by Todd (complete with a birthday candle!), I did have to go to work. Boo! But right after, I headed to Art Bar for drinks with friends and then to Sumile for a delicious sushi dinner. Naturally, with Billy's only a stroll away, we made our way there for cake, too.

I loved that some of my closest friends came out to celebrate with me. Doing something small was a change from the past few years when I did the big-crowd-at-a-bar thing, and it was a fabulous change of pace.

Thank you to all of you who came out--it really made my day! And a special shout out to Caryn for making the long drive for it, too. It means the world to me!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, I really wish I could have been there! I sounds like it was awesome, though. :o)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday (belated)! We'll have to celebrate when we see each other in a couple of weeks. :)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday (again!) to you! I'm glad you had such a good day, and am looking forward to seeing you next weekend, wih a continuation of the celebrating!

Rena said...

I know I"m really late but, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We are totally going to celebrate when you come visit :)