Monday, December 15, 2008

Old San Juan

Old San Juan is a beautiful old city--the architecture is really colorful and sort of reminds me of New Orleans. The streets are small, windy, and cobble-stoned. Todd and I started the day with a delicious breakfast treat: mallorca. It's a sweet bread, buttered, pressed (sort of like a panini), and sprinkled with powdered sugar. After that we walked around, taking in the sites and scouting for gifts for friends and family (I haven't been this under prepared for Christmas in many years). I ended up finding no Christmas presents, but I did find a way to spend some money on myself. I bought about a year's supply (I'm really not joking) of locally made soap. It all smells great and is made from rainwater, which I think is fun.

Todd and I met another couple over drinks in the early evening, and they adopted us a bit. They gave us great tips about restaurants to visit and what to see in San Juan. They also enjoyed being amateur photographers and took about a thousand pictures of us, which I loved. Here's just one of them:

2 comments:

Tina said...

That's a great pic! You both look so happy and relaxed! And Old San Juan sounds LOVELY!!!! And I'm loving the wavy haired you!

Rena said...

Very nice pic! I loved PR when I was there. I'm SO glad you had such a great and relaxing time :)