Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my Mom's birthday! By being born on New Year's Eve, she's always guaranteed plenty of parties on every birthday which is kind of cool—all those people out and living it up in her honor (even if they think it's to ring in another year on the calendar)!

I just spent a few days with Mom and the rest of our family for Christmas, and I was reminded once again how lucky I am to have her for my mom. We are fortunate enough to actually like being together, we have the same senses of humor, and just generally have fun with each other. In the post-holiday detox, I've been talking to some other people about their personal familial dysfunction, and it makes me appreciate anew how great my mom is. She doesn't always like what I do (and boy do I hear about it!) but she does always support me. I know she's always there for me, and that's invaluable.

Since it's her birthday, I'm taking this opportunity to give her a public shout out. Thanks for being awesome, Mom! I love you!

4 comments:

Rena said...

Happy Birthday Tori's mom!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Tori . . . who could ask for more on their birthday or any other time. I love you, too!

And thank you rg! :)

Unknown said...

By the way . . . Happy New Year everyone! :)

Tina said...

Heppy Birthday and New Year Tori's mom! And you did a fine job with Tori and her sisters, it's worth saying! :)