Wednesday, December 10, 2008

We're The Big Three. We Don't Need To Compete.

I am pretty unimpressed by the idea of an auto bailout. I know it's important because of the ripple effect a failure of the big three would cause, but at the same time, I think if they would have created a sustainable business model, invested in the right technologies, and generally pulled their heads out of their asses, the current situation wouldn't exist.
































Thanks to Kimberly for this great image.

3 comments:

Dorrie said...

I love that image! And so true! I hope the Car Czar is an environmentalist who nails those Hummer/Suburban/Excursion producing idiots to the wall...

Anonymous said...

Alas, I can only take credit for stealing it from Jason's facebook page. But it's great. Which is why I stole it. Bankruptcy not Bailout!

(kk)

Tina said...

That image is great. Surprisingly, Fords sell like hotcakes over here, but they're completely different than the US versions - tiny, eco-friendly (well, more so than the US versions, anyway) good gas mileage, etc. It's amazing those industries have limped along for as long as they have. Well, I guess limped is the wrong way to say it. They've sold the nation on having the largest, most ridiculous vehicles on the planet, with flashes of conspicuous consumption as their selling point, and now they're in trouble. Not surprising.