Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Dinner and a Show

Tonight I learned how to roast a lamb (sort of).

A couple friends and I went to How to Roast a Lamb: An Evening of Wine & Food with Michael Psilakis. Psilakis, an extremely successful chef, spent two hours showing us how to make an incredible four course meal. Each course was paired with a Greek wine to complement the flavors.

Of course, when Psilakis did it, everything looked easy. I'm certain I'd struggle to recreate this deliciousness, but I can try. The cost of the evening included a copy of Psilakis's book, so I can do my best to master ricotta dumplings here at home. And that is a skill worth having. So good!

Here's our menu from the evening.

Roasted Octopus with Salami, Apple & Anchovy Vinaigrette

Sheep's Milk Ricotta Dumplings with Spicy Lamb Sausage, Spinach, Sundried Tomatos, Pine Nuts & Feta

Braised Lamb Shank with Orzo & Root Vegetables

Yogurt with Quince Spoon Fruit & Jordan Almonds

2 comments:

Rena said...

Sounds delicious! I've seen him on Iron Chef before. What a fun night :)

Tina said...

Wow that menu is mouthwatering! And to learn how from the man himself, very very cool! I want to know how your version turns out.